"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Just When I thought

The Blog has so much flexibility I thought I could post and go back in repeatedly to make little changes. Just keep fixing it up until no more needs to be done. To-day I learned about Google Reader. It posts the initial blog and every time I go in and make a change, it posts it again.

Today I posted an unflattering blog about Councillor Wilson. Before the day was over I regretted and removed it. Then I learned it would already have been posted on Google Reader and there it will stay. I can't do anything about it now. But in future it means I will make very sure I've taken time for second thought.

Councillor Wilson is not my friend. I have no illusion about his intentions towards me. But I indulged my worst instincts in that post and I'm sorry I did that.

I've commented before about the intoxicating freedom of the Blog. Obviously it's like every other liberty. There needs to be a line drawn. But I kept pushing it to the limit and I've discovered the line.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the post that you removed. I don't think it was very nice, but I don't think you need to be very nice to anyone like Al Wilson.

He prances around like he knows everything. My wife and I saw him in a local shop, talking to a citizen that either knew him personally, or simply recognized him, and all that was missing was the tv cameras. He was flailing his arms, talking loudly. It was the Al Wilson show right there in the middle of the store. He really thinks he is something.

I understand if you don't publish this comment, but I wanted to tell you I don't like him either.

You know who is always pleasant to talk to ? Bob McRoberts. He's is always pleasant when I see him out and about. Most people in Aurora are, though.

Have a good weekend.