"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 9 February 2009

Whoosh Bang

There was a spontaneous, predictable and explosive three-word anonymous response to "Chickens Come Home To Roost". It was crude and vulgar so I wont publish it. But it made me laugh out loud. Politics is rough and tumble. It's always wise to know one's enemy.

I am inclined to be critical
Inclined to be blunt.
I don't have to be poked to incite me to fight.
Keep calling me names
And question my intellect
I'll be obliged to give as good as I get.

A politician is a performer on the public stage. Everything done or said is in the public domain. Even though there 's no audience most of the time,that doesn't mean infamous actions are safe from public exposure. Gratuitous attacks against a veteran politician are perilous at best.

None of us are so pure, we can afford to take those chances.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I don't have to be poked to incite me to fight."

Many of us learned that a long time ago.
Nice to have you document it for eternity.
I rest my case.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I guess commenter wasn't a fan.