"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Sunday 5 April 2009

Hyberbole....eh

Harrumph!

Walt thinks amalgamation/merger between Aurora and Newmarket is a great idea . But he accuses me of being an " alarmist" for contemplating the possibility. Where's the consistency? Eh

Even more to the point ....where's the hyperbole?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Newmarket and Aurora were to amalgamate, then your friend Heather could run for council!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I miss Heather. Where is she?
She is always good to spur dialogue.

Heather said...

I'm here - I was away for March Break. I don't know that Newmarket and Aurora will ever amalgamate though. Or at least I don't know how I'd feel about. I grew up in Newmarket, but also have roots in Aurora, and to me they're two very different places - the dynamics are entirely different. We'll see.

Anonymous said...

Heather got kind of beat up on the Aurora Citizen. I hope that doesn't stop her from commenting again.