"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 10 September 2009

It's a New Day

I learned the craft of politics over many years. By trial and error and from people who knew more than I did. It has been an abiding passion and appreciation for the opportunity to act as spokesperson

Politics is about the right of people to be heard. I do it passing fair. I meet my own expectations.

I don't need a lawyer to tell me how to do it.

Law is the same field but a different level... A separate discipline... I choose the word advisedly. Politics is not a discipline. By it's nature it must be free.

I know enough about law to know that what I don't know is sufficient to require guidance and accept direction.

I trust my instincts.

When a decision stares me in the face, I know it's right .

Legal action is necessary in our situation. We may be first to travel along this path.

It will be a learning experience I intend to share. There will be an opportunity to help and that will be set up before the week-end.

Chris Sorley was called. Chris served on Council for a single term. He made a strong impression. I was disappointed when he decided not to run a second time

But Chris practices family law . He recommended Kevin MacDonald " a damned good litigation lawyer". The comment has been repeated several times since.

So Young Kevin is our man.

There have been several satisfying conversations already. He is a step ahead of me all the time. I like that.

In time, I will have a better sense of what I can say and what not.

For now, bear with me.

But make no mistake.

We are serious .

We will see it through .





.

No comments: