"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 24 October 2009

Broke My Own Rule

When I realised I had misstated Councillor Bob McRoberts's vote on the Mosaic lighting issue, I thought I'd better go back and check the record.

To my everlasting shame. I discovered I had misrepresented Councillor Collins-Mrakas as well. The vote against the arrangement was six to three. The three being Councillors Bob McRoberts,
Collins-Mrakas and myself .

A reader pointed out I had not made the parties to the agreement clear. The two parties agreeing to share the cost of hooking up private lights to the public system to have lighting for a private space, were Canadian Tire and the Mosaic Town House Complex.

The town's part in the ridiculous set-up is to supply free power.

No comments: