"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday 7 April 2010

The Law Suit

It's still ongoing. It is a new experience for me. I am learning how it goes as it goes.

I know something about process from town experience.But not a lot. Until this term, all councillors had to know, in the main, were decisions to be made and results.There were few of them.

It was always considered best because of the chance something might be said that would jeopardize the town's interest.

I am finding this process slow. In my personal affairs, I am in the habit of managing things myself . I had to learn not to be too quick to react.

In politics, if you don't react, the moment passes and it's too late. But what goes around comes around.

In legal matters , the solicitor is in charge. If he is good, he is busy. I have always had a great appreciation for a good lawyer. He must have a mind like an encyclopedia.

At one time, I thought I would like to be a lawyer. Ted Oakes, the region's first solicitor could not understand why.

I have grown to have a thorough appreciation of the job they do. Of how it much discipline it takes, to have a mental file of each case in their file.

Even so, it's hard to leave my action for someone else to handle.

I have not grown accustomed to the pace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the others involved are as anxious as you are for things to resolve.

Oh, wait a minute, isn't there an election on the horizon that might be affected by this?

Keep us voters informed of any developments please.

Resident said...

Congratulations,

I see you've hit the 60 000 mark!

Keep it up, I can't get enough.