"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 31 May 2010

Answers

No, it wasn't Milton Hart. No, I don't think it was a threat.

Nobody should have any illusion about the nature of this post. It's political. I am a politician. I make no apology. I do not pretend to be anything but what I am. I don't have to.

I like who I am.

In my book, being a politician is an honourable endeavour.

Anyone who imagines there is something degrading about what I do and how I do it is out to lunch in left field , up the spout, out of their tree, one brick short of a load, not playing with a full deck and any and all expressions that signify a defining limit to mental competence.

They don't have a snowball's chance in hell of persuading me to be any different.

I enjoyed politics before when I had to depend on the media to interpret what I was saying .

I never dreamed of the day I would have power and freedom to convey my ideas and views straight from my own pen, so-to-speak.

The face of politics is forever changed and changing because of the social media.

Nowhere more so than at the municipal level.

It's as it should be.

Make way for the gang busters.

No comments: