"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 23 September 2010

Folks Are Asking

Questions about the latest turn in the Saga of The Code of Righteous Conduct and the Parade of Integrity Commissioners.

Council appointed the first , David Nitkin  in October or November of 2008.

A contract was  signed in  mid 2009.

The St Kitts woman came to Council and stated she intended to file a complaint against me  in May.
 2009

She did that

 She didn't proceed with it because it had to be shown to me if I agreed to participate.

I did not.

Six Councillors, including the Mayor filed a  much publicised complaint against me in July
.
In quick order, the Mr. Nitkin  provided  a decision to dismiss the complaint without my participation.

Almost concurrently, Mr. Nitkin  was "stripped of his authority".In August 2009.

In April 2010  Council signed a twelve month contract with  David Tzubouchi.

In May, Tzubouchi received two complaints against me from CouncillorEvelina MacEachern ,which he numbered one and two.

He received a communication from a solicitor informing him the matter was before the courts. He had no authority to deal with the issue.

He neither acknowledged nor responded to the communication.

In  July, he forwarded decisions on the complaints to Council

In mid July,  Council passed a resolution placing a moratorium on complaints, as have other
municipalities with Codes and Commissioners, as of August 1st.

Mr.Tzubouchi came to Council in mid August to answer Councillors' questions.

The question was asked, Are there any complaints pending? Mr Tzubouchi seemed to indicate.No.
He clearly did not indicate yes.

On September 17th a package was received at the Town Hall, sent by prority post, addressed to myself ,
delivered to my home and not seen by me until  Sunday September 19th

An accompanying letter from Suzanne Craig, Integrity Commissioner. informed  me a complaint had been received by David Tzubouchi on July 30th. against me  and forwarded to herself on August 31st.
 with the explanation Mr.Tzubouchi had "recused"himself from hearing the complaint.

Now you know everything I know.


The Town has had  three Integrity Commissioners.

Five complaints we know about.

All against me.

All about stuff I  told you about  in this Blog.

None of it secret.

Everything out in the open.

I  have  received copies of my own posts  as documentation to the complaints with Confidential stamped across them.

Then there was the other complaint he administration tried to hang on me about harassment in the workplace.   Again about comments on my blog.

I am not an employee subject to the authority of the administration.

I am never in the workplace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morris-ism:

Give me your halt, your lame, your blind and I will keep them that way.

Anonymous said...

Morris-ism

You have nothing to fear but me.