"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Tuesday 5 October 2010

All's Fair In Love And War and Politics

  Anonymous said...

To be fair, you should include the bylaw for people to see - your concerns may be addressed in it.

*************

The Procedural Bylaw was fifty nine pages long last time I looked  At least three times longer than  needs be.  I went to the Town's web site  to find  direction for  anyone who might want to read it. I didn't find it among bylaws. I'm sure it's in  there somewhere but I don't know where.

My point is, the purpose of a Council Meeting  and the function of a Councillor is to tend to the municipality's business.

There can and should be time for other events. But the town's business comes first. Making  decisions after midnight and a five hour gabfest is not my idea of an efficient operation.

The Mayor believes working into  the wee small hours is a sign of dedication.I think she doesn't  need  sleep.

Listening to Mormac's  relentless spin  on  everything and anything  that comes up at the table for six tedious hours is not good for anybody's mental equilibrium.

Presentations of no significance, when we have a heavy agenda before us. is a poor use of resources.

It is the Clerk's job to manage  agendas for greatest efficiency.. It can't be done when the Mayor  and Councillor MacEachern keep  inviting people to use  Council meetings for personal  pursuits.

The Town comes first.

We have an annual  Citizens Awards Night. It's a Celebration. It's a happy highlight of the year. Presenting awards at every  Council meeting, especially when there's  a  heavy  agenda is not the best use of time.

Councillors come together to take care of the town's business after a full day's  work. It's Tuesday night. They have  work  ahead  again on Wednesday.

A recent  work day for staff ending at half past one in the morning,was seventeen and a half hour's long.

People make mistakes when they're tired.

Who's to blame?

When I walk out of the town hall at ten-thirty p.m., it's my one- woman protest. I wish I could rally staff to follow me. I am  sorry to leave them there.

Then  there's  the St Kitts woman  taking up time at  Council meetings  to indulge her insatiable  craving for limelight and self-adulation, then whining about being an innocent victim volunteer  being picked upon in  nameless blogs.

Pshaw!  What's that they say about  heat in the kitchen?




 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets not forget, Evilina friend Walter Mestrinaro and his inquisition of staff at BOTH General Committee and Council after his tender for Town work was rejected. At council he got to rake town staff over the coals for over 30 minutes as the so called staff friendly mayor did nothing.Collins-Mrakas was given less than five minutes to question David Tsubuchi Aurora's Integrity Commissioner's contradictory answers. This council under Morris spent more time parading Morris fans than it did town business. Yes all's fair in love and war and politics. Ms. Morris has to go along with her cabal of followers.

One Who Knows said...

As usual, summed up accurately and eloquently Ev, Perhaps your anonymous respondent is a new study , anyone with even half a whit about them who has sat by and watched this fiasco for the last four years needs no copy of any by-law to see how badly the rules have been tossed aside by this motley crew, If business was the order of the day you would all have been home for the 10 o’clock news with many accomplishment to show for your efforts

Anonymous said...

Mr One Who Knows....

I am not a new study. Ms Buck cites a document that is x pages long and says it should be y pages long. She also says that this governs how meetings will be carried out. All I am saying is show me the document(s) and let us make a choice to see if she is right. I am quite sure that Ms Buck believes that she is right, but I say prove it to me.

My feeling is that perhaps the rules are being followed and real problem is Ms Buck disagrees with the rules. So, unless I see the rules how can I say for sure?

Is this an unreasonable request?

Anonymous said...

To Anonymous
I would guess that the procedural bylaw falls under the public domain. Why don't you get off your ass and do the search yourself?

Anonymous said...

"My feeling is that perhaps the rules are being followed and real problem is Ms Buck disagrees with the rules."

My feeling is that perhaps you are a pro-MorMac 'troll'.

Is that an unreasonable assumption?

Anonymous said...

It used to be easily found on the website and I just looked and can't find it. Seems it's been removed. Perhaps HRH didn't want the general public to be able to see just how much she abuses it on a regular basis.

Anonymous said...

hello!This was a really wonderful theme!
I come from milan, I was fortunate to approach your theme in bing
Also I get much in your blog really thank your very much i will come daily