"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 6 December 2010

Numbers

Readers are dropping. Spam is increasing. I followed directions this morning to
increase spam detection. I never did get to the end. But I did click on to comments
and read them all again. They encouraged me to keep going.

Drop in readership may be connected to recent changes. My enemies may have lost interest. That's not a bad thing.

There's not a lot happening on the Council front. We presented separately on December 1st and took our Oath of Office. The Ceremonial is on December 7th. and December 15th we will have our first Council meeting.

Half a dozen of us came together in the reception area outside the Mayor's office on December 1st. Excitement is still growing. They can't wait to get started.

The Mayor is in his office. It is dark blue. Might need to be changed. Apparently we have a young woman on building maintenance who does that stuff. I did not know that.

The Mayor's first request was for a door stop. The security door into the area will be wedged open.I heard he auctioned it. Got a bid for $200. He matched it.For the United Appeal.

I heard about that second or third hand. So it may not be exactly right.But at least if someone feels the need to correct me, it wont be all about my evil intentions.

The snippets about Wikipeak,(not the right spelling I know)have been keeping me engaged. For security purposes,every trivial offhand remark, even at embassy
cocktail parties are grist for the security mill. Anything and everything that might be connected to a dark and devious plot to destroy the world must be reported.

I wonder about the job of sifting through the confetti looking for meaning or at least a pattern of something or other.

How many people it takes to do that and how anything real might be accomplished

How many?

I don't know?

Doesn't it just blow your mind?

I am planning to attend York Region's Inaugural Meeting on Thursday. The chairman
will be "elected". I do not expect change.

For an election to happen,a Council member or mmembers have to be nominated for the office.

If elected,there would be a domino effect. An immediate byelection at the local level following the recent election would be required to replace a member who might be elevated to the regional chair.

It's highly unlikely. But the ritual is followed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Evelyn, the door stop was actually a gift that was presented to Mayor Dawe the night he won the election.

He obviously chose the right moment to put it in place when he auctioned off the honour at his first staff meeting.

The $400.00 amount is correct, he matched the highest bid. Then he emailed me, the gift giver , to relay the news.

I guess a landslide victory heralds landslide change. The door was never transparent, but at least now it's open.