"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 14 April 2011

Hospital

My husband is in Newmarket hospital. He will be there for tests and other stuff for a week and a half.
My daughter Theresa has been with him from early morning until six in the evening for the two days he has been  there.

Next week, she will go back to work. Heather is working on the election. Sons are all working. That leaves me.

The hospital room is a long way from the elevator. Too far for me to walk.

Nobody should be left alone in a hospital.

I hate the size of that Newmarket hospital. It's like a massive auto plant.

Theresa paid fifteen dollars for three hours of parking there  the first day there. I don't believe people going to a hospital for what may well be a life or death situation should have to worry about having enough money in their pocket to pay for the parking.

We paid, are paying , for the property  to provide parking. The hospital leases it out to a private operator to charge whatever they think they will.

Nobody is parked in a hospital parking lot because that's where they want to be.

I don't think that hospital was designed or is operated with a realistic concern for the unfortunate people who are in a position of having to make use of its service.

I don't  believe  it has any more soul than a bloody great manufacturing plant.

That it's head honcho earns a salary of half a million dollars and has expenses of $250Ks a year doesn't make me feel a damned bit better about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed. you should buy a week parking pass (you can share it between cars so whoever goes can use the pass).

walt said...

Evelyn, the weekly pass is $37 per the hospital's website. I did a similar thing when my children were born there.

Hope things get better for your husband soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope they have fixed the exit to the parking lot and that it is now safe after the tragedy that happened last December.