"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 9 April 2011

I Read

 And comment  on Aurora Citizen blog . When Chris Watts posts. I  receive an alert . I 've tried to comment on his post but had no success yet.

I spend many hours doing what I love best on my own blog.

Comments  are always read. I  do post  those  with a different perspective

Occasionally I post  invective to illustrate the mind set of  opponents. But mostly I don't.

You don't have to be a  wizard  to disagree without being disagreeable.

This week ,Mr.Spock posted a  disagreeable comment and added :

"You are the only one who believes what you write"

He has now flitted over to  the Citizen blog to complain  that I quoted him without posting his full comment.

Well now that's just silly. It's not as if I  damaged his reputation.

It's not as if the remark could be taken out of context. It says what it says. It stands by itself. Mr. Spock who cannot identify himself, nevertheless, is sure he  speaks for the universe.

He also contends  I owe him the courtesy of  a platform .

At risk of offending him again, I  politely decline.

Anyone with a computer who pays to be on line can create a blog at no expense . Attracting readers is   another story.

I do what I do and people log in daily to read what I write. When I meet them around town ,they tell me ;
"keep it up. I  log in every morning"

Sometimes an initial greeting is like continuing a conversation.

That's heady stuff.

There's not much point in writing if nobody reads it.

My impression is more people do not own a computer than do. Those who do are not necessarily on line. If on line, they do not necessarily read blogs of any kind.Some people are adamantly opposed to allowing  social media into their lives.

Obviously I have taken to it, like a duck to water. Still, I do it within my own limits.I make my own  rules. I haven't broadened the scope much since I started. I'm not hesitant but I am  no guru and  steps into the unknown are taken gingerly.

So Mr. Spock, the blog is mine not yours. If  you want to speak to me with civility and respect, I may share it with you.

If your intent is  to insult and abuse me....get lost.

No comments: