"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 11 April 2011

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That

I usually rise  with  clear intent. It's easy to write when there's a single thought in mind. There's a crowd of them this morning and none that I really want to pursue.

Greeting me was a message from Mr. Spock. He chooses to believe his comments are in the form of discussion but  as usual, this one was full of invective. Of course he knew it would not see the light of day. He assures me I know who he is.

He was pretty sure I would read the comment.  I did.  It will be the last one I do.

He  refers to  age and what it does to a person.

There's a perspective on life that only comes with age  I'm sure, if I tried,I could think something clever  and cruel to say to him.

 I wont though. There's little point in adding to his misery.

No comments: