"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Invictus":

It's a beautiful poem unlike some who wrap themselves in it.

Oklahoma bomber Timothy McVeigh recited it before his execution.

My point is - not only heroes speak its words, so do villains.
*****************************

The poem was sent to me. I shared it .

After I had pasted it I went on to write about  the venue for my day in Examination for Discovery .

After I posted  the whole , I realised some  might think I was wrapping myself in the poem

So I removed the post and let the poem stand  by itself.

I think Timothy Mc Veigh was isolated in madness .

It qualifies but  does not excuse what he did.

Neither does it excuse a society that  deals with madness by execution.

No comments: