"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 21 October 2011

No...It's Not Right

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Yous Were Saying":

I really do not understand why you even post stuff like the beginning of this entry. Let me summarize.

"I was in meeting that I am not supposed to talk about. There were people there - can't tell you who - and they were mean to me - can't tell you how. Whoa is me - feel sorry for me because they gang up on me."
Is that about right.
For someone that feels she has the right to speak her mind.... speak your mind! Stop the inuendo - say it or stop the pussy footing

**************

It's how a person might paraphrase something that isn't there.

Let me explain. According to the Municipal Act  town business is supposed to be conducted in  public. With a few exceptions. One of which is  individual's privacy. The individual would ordinarily be  staff  or  resident not politician.

The rule is not intended as a cover for political chicanery.

However, on occasion, the privacy of those  entitled  means  political posteriors are covered  as well.

The previous comment raised  the phrase "wartime tribunal"  It was a trigger.

When the last lot went behind closed doors to huddle with lawyers to plot and scheme, it was not to protect my privacy.

Nor did it entitle them to theirs.

No-one has ever accused me of pussy-footing before.

I think you should give yourself a break and read something more to your liking.

No comments: