"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 12 January 2012

No Skating On The Ponds

Ice on various ponds is unpredictable and hazardous. Outdoor rinks will be made when  temperature permits. For safety sake, don't let the kids skate on the ponds. 

The  growing conversation in the comment section  is great. If I may  suggest, it would be easier to follow the exchange if people identified themselves with monickers. I think it would fun to pick a name. Then we can all  follow the thread of the discussion.

I don't think it's going to be possible to resolve the problem of having an independent group operating a public facility with public funds without offending  the group.

I think we have to do it all the same.

I will not vote to  maintain the status quo.   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea on the monikers Evelyn. I will resume using mine.

KA-NON

Anonymous said...

Evelyn. We are all doing our best to be civil. I noticed someone had typed out " well-to-do females " instead of "r... bitches. " But there will surely be trouble, real trouble, if a Court requires that Morris return the Town's money and we see it get pissed away on the same sort of wasteful extravagance. Heaven knows, she and the others are still around with their hands outstretched and grasping. Same pigs, different trough.
T.C.

Anonymous said...

I have a question about Council dynamics, Evelyn, Is it possible that there are enough Councillors trolling the Town and encountering what I am hearing that they could require the Mayor to take action ? He seems to prefer to pussy-foot and this is not a time for that type of behaviour. Nor is why my family supported his bid to become Mayor.We have never asked him for a thing and he seems to only heed those who demand things of him.
Think I'll stick with Anonymous for now.