"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday 1 February 2012

A Milestone

My site meter shows the average daily visits to my blog  at 200. That's a milestone.

Page views are showing at 474.

Visits are recorded at 5.59 minutes. Views 2.4 minutes.

I am trying not to  be excited by the rapid growth.  I googled to query the difference between pages and views.  I did  receivean answer but I'm not sufficiently literate to understand it.

I know the numbers are increasing.  I also know some logins are hostile. It's hard to guess how many. Sometimes, when three jabs are within minutes of each other,it would appear they are from the same very angry person. I think I know who.  Some comments I don't understand. If they don't appear hostile,I publish hoping the person they are directed to will get it.

My blog has been used to take shots at Chris. I know he can defend himself very well but I don't want this blog to be the conduit. Rather than having to reject the comments, I would rather they not be made here. Chris is my friend.

The Georgina issue  has spiked the numbers.  The biggest jump in the shortest time since  blog began.  Keswickians are definitely an appreciative bunch and  there's a wholehearted welcome on this  mat.

I'm aware my posts are a great thorn in the sides of known Aurora suspects. They are not written with that objective.

I don't get up in the  morning thinking how many of my enemies can I piss off today.

That's a side reward for the time I put in.

I don't expect the blog's topics to appeal to everyone. There has to be aninterest in the town's affairs. My hope is to encourage more people to  become  interested.

If I accomplish that in the smallest degree, I will be content.

That's why the numbers matter.

If they're going up,that can only be good. Right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your readership might be up due to the opportunity for Aurorans to look elsewhere, in this case to Georgina, to take their minds off the dismal Aurora budget. The failure of Council to tackle the wasteful expenditures and to take contingency funds to brighten the picture has left people in shock. They had hoped at least some of the stupidities would have been chopped.
So we were easily diverted while absorbing the reality of a do-nothing Council. It is better than the last one. How could it not be? But hugely disappointing to those who expected and believed they had been promised much more.

Anonymous said...

5:59 PM
Yes! Levels on Watts' Blog were likely down . Huge displacement of work and effort moved to Georgina. The interest was real and will continue.

Anonymous said...

I respectfully disagree with anonymous 5:59.

Readership has gone up on this blog because people really do care about their basic rights and they speak out when the see a gross injustice.

Any elected official or lawyer that feels that accessing public funds in order to crush someone for the offence of sharing their legitimate political concerns, even if strongly worded, is just plain wrong !

The response to this blog should give us hope that at many people are prepared to stand up and be heard, regardless of political threats.

I agree that a lot of governments do waste money and they seem to feel that going to the tax payer money tree as an endless resource, but the reason for the rising response to this blog is clear, in my view anyway.

Having said that, thank goodness for the new direction of Aurora Council ! They have turned a corner in many respects and we should all be grateful for that. They may not be perfect, but who is ? Just a bit more house cleaning in the next election and we’re good. We’ll hopefully get rid of the last vestiges of the old regime.

Here’s hoping that we’ve learned something from the debacle that draws people to this blog and others like it.

Anonymous said...

Right !