"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 13 February 2012

Tomorrow..... Tomorrow .... It's Only A Day Away

I spent an hour this morning "moderating" comments. I have no idea how the list came to be. I  deal with comments as they appear. Click on publish or delete as I judge best. I  don't double check to see what happened.

I  generally don't print comments that use  a staff person's name. I have become mindful of Google and how it sucks up names to spit them out again on command. The unfairness had to be pointed out to me though.

Politicians names I am not so particular about. A person doesn't get involved in politics if they are shy about seeing their name in print. . If they do they are on the wrong stage. Good reference or bad it 's all part of the territory.

When there's a deluge  of comments ,I tend to publish somewhat automatically.  I noticed  last week, the same innocuous comment being repeated in much the same words.

"Just found the site.Haven't commented before .Just want to say thanks for a great post. Thanks"

I published a few of those before I realized they were spam and stopped.

My time has been focused  on a particular task for several weeks.

Georgina's situation took up time and space.People sent  comments and I responded. It didn't take much creative effort.  Some days the conversation  kept going without  me.

Now I have to re-focus on  town  affairs. I will start again to-morrow.

To-day I need to wrap up what I was working on and shift gears.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is the annual rent paid by the DND for the town-owned building that was spruced up at a significant cost?

Presumably this figure is contained in the town's budget on the revenue side.

Or is this information classified?

Anonymous said...

Don't post this if it interrupts the flow of your comments but Georgina has learned that the by-law was NOT rescinded. A woman plans to address that at the Council Meeting and request an investigation into the closed meeting.

Anonymous said...

To pass on or not. I used to think your friend Watts had a sense of humour. No more. He can dish it but not take it. A mention of his name and an entire page of anger. The non-existent 'we' who post here have had enough. We enjoy ourselves and try to do good things.
He can join his 'friends' on Face-Book and not notice we are gone. I am actually proud of what has been done with Evelyn and won't be going to listen to any more lectures. To Coventry.