"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 21 April 2012

I Will Say This Only O-o-o-nce

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Another Opinion.":

Anonymous @ 11:29 AM

I quite agree that the lotteries are a tax on the stupid. However, a large number of Walmart shopping, stretchy pant wearing rednecks love to think that they will strike it rich someday by playing their numbers. If they want to spend their money, I do not fault any municipal government trying to get a piece of the action if it means that it has a positive impact on my tax bill.

Same is true about this whole brothel broo-ha-ha. There is a demand, there is a supply, why not let the tax collector get a cut?

****************

I shop at Wallmart. I check out the flyers and look for the best deals.

The price of  regular  items  on my list  are a couple of dollars less at Wall-mart.

They buy and sell organic produce locally. They employ green
strategies.

I do not look down my nose at Wall-mart, They are a reality of modern competition. They do not offer what owner- operated
business does  in  personal service  to a known clientele.

They have scooters  available. Shopping  for me is  a leisurely pleasurable affair. I like to see what's available on the market.

I like that they mark things like plant material down while they are still fit to plant.

I don't look to see what Wall mart's customers are wearing or buying.

If a couple of kids are in tow, I know why they are there.

If resources are slim,  they have to stretch.. If it means cheap stretchy pants and drab colours as opposed to 100% linen or cotton, with  colours that sing and  big ticket tab,that's how it has to be.

This isn't a promotion for Wall-mart. It's a defense of all the people  doing the best they can with what they have.

God Bless them.

No comments: