"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 24 May 2012

A For Sure Ringer

Evelyn,
I took a staycation from your blog quite some time ago. You had my support last term, but this term I felt you were being marginalized by your own making. Misinformation passing as opinion does you no credit.
I don't give a rat's arse about last term anymore, or 50 years ago for that matter. Yeah, I was in town 50 years ago, but I'm pretty sure those that haven't been don't give a rat's behind either. Done, dusted, move the hell on already. Times have changed.
I dipped back into your blog today, and wish to hell I hadn't. It's like I fell into some parallel universe. There is a whole other town out there and you don't know about it. You obviously don't have the inside scoop at town hall, and rely far too much on a few cronies handing you a load of old cobblers. Why be their puppet?
Listen to real people for a change and get out in your community and celebrate what works well in the town.
How you can expend so much time and energy on shite?
Having not read your blog for quite some time, I can tell you that your view of town is a whole lot different than the average bloke on the block.
And it seems that Anonymous really is just one guy!
Crikey you let some crazies in your club.

*********************
I publish the comment to make  a  point.
It is severely critical..
Suggests the blog is not factual,
It misinforms .
I am out of the loop.
"anonymous" is only one person.
I rely on " a few cronies handing me a load of old cobblers"

The word "shite" spelled with an "e"  identifies the writer as a Scottish ex-pat  of my generation who  claims to have  lived in the town for as long as myself. 
The term . "old cobblers" could be Irish. Could be English. Not a phrase familiar to this old Scottish ex-pat. 
There are fewer of us  than there were. .
He is literate and articulate but uses slang to pretend otherwise. 
At his age he  cannot be  out and about himself much more than I..  Except  I am a Councillor and it does keep me in touch.
He claims I misinform people but cites no  example.
One could argue therefore, the only evidence of inclination to misinform is his.
He suggests  blog comments  really come from one person. Another unfounded allegation.
I  "marginalize myself." he says.
I should go out into  the community more, to understand, there is a different town out there than fifty years ago.
Like he would have a better reason to know that.
Since those who  read and share the blog know they are real, I do not need to prove that.
I  can comfortably declare this comment to be complete artifice;; a ringer in fact. 
We  are familiar with  the wise old saying
."Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"
To the commenter. I say;
You are not on, my never- was  erstwhile friend or supporter.
We are not deceived " 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aha! It must be part of a conspiracy by a cultish cabal!

Anonymous said...

The timing is peculiar. You must be doing something right.

Anonymous said...

That guy sounds like a stereotypical Ballard rube.

Anonymous said...

To cobble was used for " to create" 'or fabricate. As in, you might cobble together something to eat from leftovers for unexpected company. You might also cobble together an excuse about why you poured your milk down the side of your glass because it looked like you have discovered the joys of beer. Basically he's accusing everyone of telling whoppers.

Anonymous said...

I am definitely not a guy!

Anonymous said...

Glad you posted this Shiite just to let the readers in on the type of "Crazies" that are actually living in lah lah land. I too have lived in and around this town for more than 50 years and without a doubt this councilor is more often right than wrong, But once again the un substantiated BS flies and not one scintilla of fact to back the baseless criticisms

Anonymous said...

Let's not all pound on the poor bloke's head. His comment was so stupid it gave folk the day off from the various entitled scrounges. We needed a break. Ducks are having chicks, flowers are blooming, birds are nesting, foxes are hunting. Cut him some slack.