"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Tuesday 12 June 2012

What's The Fuss ?

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Guess Who !!!!":

"This comment would be from a municipal employee. Councillors have heard the argument.. It has no merit."

OH MY GOD..... You cannot be further from the truth. I wrote this (thank you for publishing). I am not a municipal employee - never have. I have worked full-time in the private sector since 1981. I am currently employed by a multi-national company headquartered in Europe.

My experiences over the last 30+ years is what I draw on here.
*******************
Here's the question; why would a person who does not wish to be identified, responds almost immediately to a post on municipal employment , claims authority on the subject,  be horrified by the possibility of being identified as a municipal employee.
While I am pleased with the numbers of visitors to the blog. I don't think of it as having universal appeal. 
I  have to discount my positive numbers somewhat to account for those  who can't stand what it represents but can't stay away. 
I know the circle is small. So I think it's natural when you see something repeated. like the response above,to take a stab at the source. 
I didn't say it was an Aurora municipal employee. I have no idea who it is. But an argument that doesn't make sense, no matter who makes it, still doesn't make sense. 
Anyone  without employment ,who gets an opportunity at contract employment with a municipality anywhere in the GTA would be a fool to pass it up.
If  it's used  as a stepping stone to a  permanent job   elsewhere, then good luck to them.
There are no negatives about municipal employment, contract or otherwise.
Well there were, but that's  over now.   


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

" I have no idea who it is."

Exactly, but that didn't stop you from stating - with your usual certainty - that the person was a municipal employee. You have an unfortunate habit of making assumptions, but of relaying them as facts.

Anonymous said...

8:33 AM The morning snark makes its usual contribution.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps, 10:15, but the observation isn't wrong.

Anonymous said...

10:15 AM

I thought that I was the morning snark..... must be more than 1 that disagrees with the claptrap here.

Anonymous said...

Bugger! I wanted to be the morning snark.

Anonymous said...

10:15 AM & 6:10 PM " I, I, I, me, me, me " Get your own blog, you lazy gnat.

Anonymous said...

Okay, 7:23 PM, you can be the evening snark. There's plenty of snark to go 'round.

Anonymous said...

All through the day I me mine, I me mine, I me mine,
All through the night I me mine, I me mine, I me mine,
Now they're frightened of leaving it,
Everyone's weaving it,
Going on strong all the time,
All through the day I me mine.

I me me mine,
I me me mine,
I me me mine,
I me me mine.

All I can hear I me mine, I me mine, I me mine,
Even those tears I me mine, I me mine, I me mine,
No-one's frightened of playing it,
Everyone's saying it,
Flowing more freely than wine,
All through the day I me mine.

I me me mine,
I me me mine,
I me me mine,
I me me mine.

All I can hear I me mine, I me mine, I me mine,
Even those tears I me mine, I me mine, I me mine,
No-one's frightened of playing it,
Everyone's saying it,
Flowing more freely than wine,
All through your life I me mine.

George Harrison