"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 14 June 2012

Snark Attacks

It's time for the snark attacks to cease. They contribute nothing.
Start your day with a blog of your own and watch your readership grow.
Or not.
My son Stephen dropped by today. He brings a bottle of Valpoliceli
red. We have a glass together on the deck. Then he drives  home to Kitchener.
Stephen was with me three and a half years before his brother Frank joined us. There were five years then before Martin came along.  In the seven years following, Theresa ,Heather,Mark and Andrew enlarged  and completed the circle. 
I usually have a second glass after Stephen leaves. Today, I had not had lunch.  So it was two full glasses of the red in  fairly short order without food.
That's why the post  started;
"Listen to me carefully.  I shall say this only w-a-n-ce " in a fake French accent.
I was feeling very benevolent.
I started off with positive points in mind  to make about a couple of defeated incumbents in the last election .
By  the time I reached the point where I ended it,  I knew you wouldn't believe it.  I was no longer sure I believed it myself.
So...I didn't bother


No comments: