"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Monday 10 December 2012

Streaming Or Not

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "A Tiidbit on the Ford Thing":

Questions: My computer won't give me the Agenda. Is it me or is this a general thing? And is the streaming supposed to work this week on time?

******************
I can't tell you why your computer will not access the agenda.
I asked  about why streaming of a budget meeting  was cut off at 8.40. p.m.
The answer: it wasn't known why any of the meeting  was streamed It  wasn't supposed to be .
Now you see it. Now you don't. 
The plan is  for only general committee meetings are to be streamed.
I thought it would be like wiring the council chamber and streaming everything that went on there. Apparently not.
I think it would be good for those interested to listen to  budget discussions.
Maybe a day will come when the entire community can vote on crazy stuff.  Like the town taxing you to buy culture for you with your own money .
I think the world has gone made. 
  
About the town being sued by a taxi operator. All I know is Council held a hearing last term, over two sessions. I didn't attend the first so couldn't attend the second. 
I think it was an appeal against licenses being revoked.
Politicians don't make those decision either.
The former Mayor was in her element presiding in a proceeding.
I was in the audience  when Council came  down the stairs in procession like the Supreme Court. 
Somebody came out ahead  and called  "All rise" 
I didn't. 
I wasn't arrested for contempt.   
Council has no role to play in a matter before the courts  against the municipality 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! Is this Charles Painter representing the former - former Mayor the same guy who represented Morris' Town Solicitor in the non-defamation lawsuit? Do not tell me what law firm he is associated with because it might be too much. Lawyers, layers of lawyers in Aurora.