"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 20 September 2013

A Supplication

Airhead Arrested development Devoid of mental acuity. Demented Dipstick Dizzy dame Doesn't know it from a hole in the ground. Dolt Dope Entirely lacking in little grey cells Doesn't have the brains blessed with at birth. Lamentably Lacking The force is not with her I invite contributions to the thesaurus of words and phrases to be silently repeated in a litany under conditions of extreme stress. I might even design a string of beads to move between my fingers. Or a prayer wheel to spin silently like a Tibetan monk multi tasking in meditation or contemplation of the trials ad tribulations of life in particular field of endeavor Ten years I have labored in the vineyard, Lord. I could do without the sackcloth and ashes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ! Thank you for the waltz !

Anonymous said...


The purveyors of these words and phrases are nought but a bunch of ash-holes.

Sounds like some of Windy's mutterings as she high-fived her way around the chamber.

The words and phrases fit her to a T.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me ? You have done nothing wrong. I take my share of how I voted in the last election & am listening to the kids' comment on my lousy batting average. We all will learn from it. Take care.