"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Friday 18 October 2013

Feeling Good About Yourself is Best. Better than sex



Thank you. But I think, everybody have a right to post a comment on your blog. You have the right to publish it or reject. But , it will be fair, if you publish all comments.
If you do not publish comments, that means, you are not brave enough to get criticized.

Thank you. 

***************

I can't print every comment received. 
I can't  allow  negative comments about town staff.  In law, they have a right  to privacy. 
I am a Councillor and a legislator . If I cannot be expected to respect the law  I don't know who ican.
Staff are accountable to the elected body/ 
The elected body is accountable to the electors. 
If there are  perceived errors and omissions within the administration, the elected body is ultimately 
responsible. 
We cannot say the devil made us do it. 
He did not. 
We are the devil who made us do it. 
People who pressure  politicians to do things they should not, aid and abet  the devil we didn't know better than the one we did .
I am brave enough to risk opposition to my views. That's why they're out here.
I am just not stupid enough to  be degraded by abuse heaped on my head. 
A man asked me on Wednesday how many children I had. 
I told him seven. And seventeen grandchildren. And eight  great grandchildren.
I  have  lived through my life experience and I have lived through all of theirs.
Then  I laughed and  said ......I am  a woman. not to be taken lightly.
I felt  supremely confident being able to say that



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have yet to figure out why people consider you to be their personal punching bag.

Anonymous said...

"I am brave enough to risk opposition to my views. That's why they're out here."

Granted, but you still fail to publish all those comments that don't share your views.

Anonymous said...

14:43 And you fail in understanding Evelyn's very clear reasons why she can't/won't post all of them. She just posted yours didn't she?

...Not the Monkey said...

14:52, you fail to understand that I was addressing the organ grinder.

Anonymous said...

Like Cllr Gallo and Cllr Ballard encourage dissenting opinions. Not.