"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 31 May 2014

The Link is Here

Good evening,

Please note that if you had any difficulty accessing the agenda or if you did not receive the email below, the General Committee agenda for Tuesday, June 3, 204 may be found by clicking this link: June 3, 2014 GC Agenda.


******************

I have clicked the link and the agenda for Tuesday is there .

I have not participated in this  conversation because I am not competent to judge whether or not what is happening is within the norms.

The above e-mail is the third received  on the issue. So staff and the Mayor  at the town hall are  
doing  what  needs to be done to keep the lines of  communication open/

They are not unaware nor are they unconcerned.

I'm not publishing the most critical comments because  I expect in a couple of days wharever is happening or not happening that should be happening will be like a blip on the history of web
communication.  But the searing criticism would still be on my blog.

In the meantime I am not criticizing because I am not sufficiently  cognizant to do so.

It's  great though that so many  are so anxious to stay on top of town business .

It sure knocks the heck  out of the theory nobody is paying any attention.

All good things come to those who wait

Have  a great week-end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I was upset because I ask for so little from the Town web-site. Agendas, minutes, streaming when they see fit, & an occasional foray to check out who might be on some committee that is being particularly pushy.
Maybe you are right & it will all settle down. I would request the minutes for the last meeting & the agenda for the next one. Before the next one occurs. That should be simple enuff ?

Anonymous said...

I tried that, Evelyn, and got extracts from 2 March GC's - this is going to take some time.

Anonymous said...

Under normal circumstances, the Town site would have informed us about the debate between candidates. They blew that opportunity and only those who heard about it in town were aware. attendance from Aurora was likely patchy at best.

Anonymous said...

The link worked for me. I like staff's recommendation. Let's hope council follows accordingly and put this BS idea away forever.

Anonymous said...

10:39
What recommendation ? You will have to be more specific until I can get sorted with the link.