"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Saturday 19 July 2014

Life Is Full Of Surprises.

I have a minute and a little story to  tell. The Tacoma twins and brother Lane are here for their the annual Canadian sojourn with  grand-daughter and mother Vanessa .

We have not been together since last summer.

Reid climbed up on my knee and stared intently into my face.

Were you ever a kid, he asked.

I was...I assured him.

He poked a finger into my cheek and said ....Are you going to die.?

Yes  , I answered , and you will too when the time comes.

End of conversation.

He climbed down and wandered off to contemplate some other of life's great questions.

We were at Number Two Son" place for a family gathering.

Reid's twin Claire enjoyed riding around with me on my scooter.

At one point she held up her thumb to show me

her painted finger--nail.

Look Great-Grannie,,she said ....they always give me my full title....like yours .

I will write a post about the day when I have more  time.

It ended with son Frank giving us a concert . He sings and plays exceptionL guitar.

We were all around the camp fire . It was already dark.

The horses had already retired to the barn for the night.

We became aware they'd come back out and were clustered by the fence enjoying the music.

There's always something in life to marvel about.











No comments: