"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 5 March 2015

Don't Ask. I Will Tell Anyway.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Ties That Do Not Bind": 

It must feel fantabulous to be yourself once again. 


Posted by Anonymous to  Our Town and Its Business at 5 March 2015 at 

***********************

I am the person I always was.

All that's changed is  I am an unelected candidate with substantial support.

Almost as much as the last person elected.

Who has the exactly the same right as any  at the table.

He has  only one vote  more than the rest of us.

And no more right to expound on a point of view.

But constrained by a set of rules designed to maintain order in debate and often abused to obtain another result.

There are three new Councillors at the table. They need to be  guided and encouraged  to
exercise  their  own judgement.

I don't believe they will get that from anyone at the table.

I believe  the contrary is true.

They don't have to listen to what I have to say.

What  the heck,I've never let that stop me .

Yes ,I do enjoy being me and living where and when I do.

Thank you for asking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sort of off-topic
We keep being told that there are so many reasons for projects to be late. Weird contracts aside, weather gets blamed. Construction is much less bound by weather than in the past. Just since late fall, a house on Hawthprn has been demolished, a very large foundation excavated and they are already moving upwards.
While town work-sites dawdle and that condo deal just north of Wellington continues to stagnate despite ads that appear every week to entice purchasers.