"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Sunday 30 August 2015

A SLIP OF THE FINGER

The last comment was accidentally rejected. Please send it again. 

To respond to the point of deriving revenue from posting, I've felt the narrow focus of the blog keeps  readership down and makes it an unlikely vehicle for advertising. . As a Councillor I didn't feel it was appropriate to use for that purpose. 

The  last couple of posts have generated strong negativity. Not surprisingly.

Interestingly, reader numbers jumped by an average of a hundred. The current count is 625. Once up readership tends to stay up. 

Not all readers are from Aurora. I am well aware of non-readers and Hostiles. I suspect it's true of most publications. 

Numbers show interest can be generated and how.  Councillors and the Mayor could be easy pickings if readership was my sole objective. 

It's not. As long as I feel the blog throws a light where light would not normally shine the current focus  will hold.  A bit of this and a bit of what might ordinarily come up in an Aurora conversation about politics which is not everyone's cup of tea, will suffice for now. 

Being out of Council, it seemed  the town's business might become less informed . It hasn't happened yet. Readership is building. I take that as a positive. 

I owe Geoff Dawe and John Abel nothing. Councillors Mrakas and Michael Thompson work hard and apply themselves. We will not always agree and I will say so. Other new members make slight impression. Time passes fast, 

I am expecting a decision on the court action by mid-September. It's been a long haul with many ups and downs, twists and turns. i have to believe the outcome will be positive but experience tells me to make no assumptions. 

Whatever happens will be a step forward .


 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do hope you get a ' good ' decision.
And it is too bad that ads are not any good for generating income. It might have been fun for you to try.

Anonymous said...

Those numbers must delight your pet troll. Never have I seen such an interest in one's "comments ".
Myself, I just toss and forget. Once you asked for one to be sent again. Impossible.

Anonymous said...

You're right Evelyn. Whatever happens is a step forward. Your integrity will always be in tact as well as all your family, friends and supporters And that's what really matters.