"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Tuesday 8 December 2015

THE TIME IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "OH.....HO..HO..HO....": 

Evelyn
Now that you are like the "rest of us" you are as in the dark as we are. It's fun to speculate. It's even more fun to let your imagination run wild. The truth is - as you well know - the speculation is usually just that.  

I don't live on Highland Gate.... I actually live closer to HighTor. To be honest, I really don't care about Highland, HighTor or Marvinac. My voice will never convince anyone at that table now, past or present, what is right so I will let them run with it.  

I pay my taxes. My garbage gets picked up. My street is plowed usually. I am sure a fire truck will come if needed. I don't use any other town service that is paid from my taxes. 

I am getting tired of fighting about it. Let me be. 

Posted by Anonymous to  Our Town and Its Business at 8 December 2015 at 15:13

***************************

Thanks for the  comment. It is much  appreciated. It allows me to address what I consider to be the  most pernicious problem of our political system. 

I have been known to observe, for peace of mind, people  are better off not knowing what's going on.
But of course, that's not what I am about. 

I am  prepared to acknowledge only, if you choose to read what I write, you will be compelled to deal with my reality whatever way you choose. 

You may dismiss it as speculation and  wild imagination. 

You may snort derisively and declare "What nonsense"  or  angrily "lies...all lies I tell you"

You may sneer and reference " bitter loser" 

Or the easiest  favourite by far, apparently acceptable in the most unlikely of places  " a senile old bag " 

I have long run the gauntlet of insults and paid a price. 

I am not likely to be diverted at this time in my life. 

So...if you want to be left  alone ..... sublime in your indifference....the remedy is in your hands. 

I'm going to keep writing what I know to be true. You must decide whether to keep reading. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He/she will keep reading!

Anonymous said...

I do not think that was any kind of rejection. Just someone tired of trying to stop everything that is out whack
while knowing it can't all be done. And, yes, I agree with the first comment - the reading will continue, and then
perhaps the depression will ease.