"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Thursday 14 July 2016

DEAR ME.....WHAT CAN THE MATTER BE ?

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "PARDON ME ..... I KNOW MY OWN REALITY": 

Good for 18:18. I am however still waiting for the facts, because the facts here are usually distorted.  

But, Evelyn's "reality" is not the same as the rest of us in 2016. 

Posted by Anonymous to  Our Town and Its Business at 14 July 2016 at 07:23

******************************************

I knew friendly would get a negative reaction.  I was not wrong. 

The  green-eyed monster is never far. 

Silly.  Ridiculous. Devoid of substance. Hardly worthy of reaction. 

But what  the heck. Friendly likes the trolls and every  picture needs light and shade. 

The negative will be acknowledged. 

The complaint is of an endless wait for facts. 

What facts ?  How can  facts  be provided if I don't know which  are missing? 

How can distortion of facts be addressed, if facts have not been received?

If you don't tell, the wait will continue. 

Complaints persist  that I never tire of repeating the facts while complainants apparently never tire 
of reading my blog. 

She only know the facts of the past, they say. 

My reality of 2016 is not the same as "the rest of us"

Like nothing that happened before is relevant to the present. 

And reminding people of the history of the matter  and how it led up to this, is a bad, bad thing. 
 
If  I don't know what facts are missing, were never received but distorted never-the-less, I 
am not sure how to sort that. 

I sincerely hope the writer, with computer and facility to put words together is a follower
not a leader.....an anxious soul struggling to make sense of it all . 

For all our sakes, I hope NOT a member of Council .

Yet  I fear the possibility....perchance the head. 

Oh tell me it isn't so ! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Curious to know who the troll means when he/she uses "the rest of us" in the comment. "Us" definitely doesn't include me. He/she must mean the reality of the entitled in this Town. There haven't been any distorted facts that Evelyn has posted. All is there in video to watch and minutes to read. That is if you're not too busy enjoying your gifts that this Town has handed you, or demanding more ways that the Town can improve your quality of life.

Anonymous said...

13:04 And you continue to reference the false facts that only an "entitled" group reaps the benefits of paying taxes in this town. The real fact is, you do not like it when tax dollars go to certain projects and you are on the outside looking in. Rather than putting down the "entitled" maybe you should expand your horizons.

Anonymous said...

So, the entitled want what they want, take it, with the reasoning that it will expand others horizons like myself, so it can improve my and all in the Town quality of life? How considerate. I remember someone posting a comment about wanting the Town to open up an ice-cream store. It was a pretty funny , but I liked that idea. Who doesn’t like ice-cream? Wouldn’t that improve everyone’s quality of life including yours, especially in these hot summer days? How is that any different than all the half brain ideas that have come to council and have come to fruition, and of course all over budget so that we can also maintain them year after year. Or have come to council spent hundreds of thousands in studies with nothing to happen? I don’t want the Town to look after my horizons. I’ve done a pretty good job of it on my own, and paid my own way while helping small businesses grow in the area.