"Cowardice asks the question...is it safe? Expediency asks the question...is it politic? Vanity asks the question...is it popular? But conscience asks the question...is it right? And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but one must take it because it is right." ~Dr. Martin Luther King

Wednesday 6 September 2017

NO APOLOGY HERE

NAnonymous has left a new comment on your post "CAN YOU BLEEPING BELIEVE IT ?": 

"...appointed for life to the public trough..."

Senators can only serve until age 75 (unlike town councillors)

Posted by Anonymous to  Our Town and Its Business at 6 September 2017 at 13:54

*********************************

Town councillors can serve  at seventy -five and older, if they are chosen by the electorate 
in a free and democratic election. 

As I was  and am proud to say. 

And re-elected two more times after that until I was eighty-six. 

Furthermore, I fell short only forty-nine votes of being re-elected when I was eighty -six which  would have taken me to the age of ninety. Still practising politics ,honest straightforward , with the  best 
Interest of the community at large. Instead  of consistently pandering to the sporadic clamour of the inevitable nimby clusters.  

I proved , if  done with common sense and respect the majority appreciates  and the community is
well served.  

I make no apology for my public service. 

I bite my tongue to keep from closing this post with an epithet that's bursting to be expressed and   contradicting my own principles. 

See...I still have the necessary discipline.

And if you are reading this blog ,obviously I have not left the scene.

Everyone knows who I am. 

Nobody  knows you.


No comments: